We’re looking to hire for the role of Texting Director.
The Director of Texting will work on building our Texting team. They will manage team members and build processes that will increase efficiency and improve results. They will work with a number of high-profile clients to run best-in-class texting programs. Candidates should have extensive relevant experience and a track record of success with leadership, management, and execution.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $115,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation policy, with opportunities to earn yearly raises of up to 6% during our regular evaluation process. Benefits include 100% employer covered health care, 401K with automatic employer contributions (vested immediately), flexible vacation and sick leave, company-wide profit share, and more.
- Recruit and lead a texting team. Manage employees. That includes ongoing support and development, conducting performance reviews, making recommendations about raises/promotions, discipline, etc., and more.
- Assist with business development, including identifying opportunities to upsell existing clients, as well as participating in pitches and creating proposals for prospective new clients.
- Write text copy and lead on setting best practices for texting supporters.
- Lead campaign implementation in regard to loading, sending, monitoring performance, optimization, and analysis for texting programs.
- Respond to topics in real-time by drafting texts in response to news stories that are breaking fast.
- Brainstorm creative ideas for our clients, fact check and proofread content before it goes out from a client.
- Develop, set, and execute texting strategy for our clients to meet their goals. Independently present these recommendations to clients.
- Manage audience targeting process and offer guidance and feedback on the requests of campaigns.
- Build out the infrastructure - onboarding and training materials, an improved reporting process, templates for pitches, etc. for our text offerings.
- Develop new processes to streamline communication and implementation of text campaigns
- Proactively keep abreast of industry trends and share knowledge within the team.
- Provide training for the wider team in texting best practices.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture that improves our work product.
- Work with designers, digital strategists, and third-parties to meet your clients’ needs as necessary.
- Ensure all content is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client.
- Produce and maintain professional reports and memos.
- Be on top of digital trends and new tools, so we can make cutting edge recommendations for our clients based on best practices.
- Run multiple client accounts and projects from concept to execution. Act as the texting lead for a significant number of large clients.
- Lead on client communications across the team, building trust and rapport with our clients. Enforce company policies both internally and with clients.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Extensive experience in planning and executing texting campaigns - both broadcast SMS campaigns and peer-to-peer/application-to-person (P2P/A2P) texting campaigns.
- Experience in political campaigns in a texting capacity.
- Detailed knowledge of texting platforms and the broader landscape of the industry - fluency with Amplify, Tatango, Switchboard, etc.
- Extensive experience in communicating texting strategy and results with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Great attention to details and strong organizational skills - familiarity with Google Sheets is a must.
- Proven ability to read and analyze data; expertise in testing and analyzing meaningful results.
- Experience implementing new processes.
- Experience managing a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work unconventional hours during peak times: sometimes we have to work longer days or on weekends, especially during campaign seasons.
The following experience would be beneficial but is not required:
- Proven track record of successfully winning new clients.
- Expert-level knowledge of progressive tools and CRMs such as ActBlue, NGP, Action Network, and more.
- Experience conducting trainings for staff of all levels.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 3% employer contribution and additional 2% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- And more!
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.