Authentic is seeking a Developer to join our growing Content Department.
The Developer will have a wide range of web development skills with an emphasis on front-end development. They will be responsible for managing codebases, ensuring alignment of digital products and user experience requirements, and optimizing products for maximum efficiency.
Other duties include building wrappers, landing pages, and email templates for platforms such as ActBlue, NGP8, and ActionKit.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $65,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn raises up to 6% during regular evaluation processes every year. Benefits include 100% employer covered health care, matched 401K, flexible vacation and sick leave, and more. This role will be for a fixed six month period.
This is a union position represented by the Campaign Workers Guild.
- Work with clients and/or departmental client leads to develop products to maximize engagement and fundraising performance;
- Build and maintain beautiful, responsive, digital products from start to finish (websites, splash pages, emails);
- Develop WordPress themes for client websites;
- Develop and maintain ActBlue, NGP8, and ActionKit wrappers that work within a clients’ brand;
- Manage updates and improvements on previous projects;
- Stay on top of current web development trends and best practices;
- Maintain and update a list of services to offer our clients;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Experience with Wordpress theme development;
- Previous experience with a popular JS library or framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc.) and a CSS preprocessors and frameworks (LESS, SASS, Bootstrap, etc.);
- Experience integrating third-party APIs (Google Analytics, Facebook Open Graph, Twitter Web Intents);
- Experience developing HTML email templates;
- Knowledge of security best practices in modern web application environments;
- A proven ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines;
- Desire to learn and self-teach.
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Knowledge of progressive CRMs and third-party progressive digital tools such as ActBlue, NGP8, and ActionKit;
- Experience using Pantheon.io;
- Familiarity with Litmus email testing;
- Basic knowledge updating and creating DNS records;
- Experience working with political campaigns.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 3% employer contribution and additional 2% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- And more!
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.