Authentic is seeking a Managing Strategist to work in our Email department. Authentic is an award-winning digital agency specializing in fundraising, advertising, creative and web strategy, online organizing, and more. We lead this industry with a focus on developing unique and creative digital programs for our clients.
This is a management-level position that pays a fixed starting salary of $90,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn up to 6% raises during regular evaluation processes each year.
- Serve as email lead on several complex client accounts — developing and explaining email strategy, communicating with the client, setting content calendars and goals, writing compelling emails, managing client approvals, executing email production, analyzing results, and optimizing based on performance and client feedback
- Manage employees within the department and contribute to making improvements to the department. That includes conducting reviews, being responsible for employees’ development, making recommendations about raises/promotions, discipline, etc.
- Build creative data-informed email strategies that generate strong results in rapid response moments, while also setting programs up for long-term success — coming up with “out of the box” ideas to set programs apart
- Help direct reports build their own experience contributing to or managing account strategy
- Regularly work independently while also helping provide support across the team, sharing best practices with direct reports and the wider team, while helping with coverage as needed
- Ensure all content is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client
- Use email CRMs and online platforms to produce emails and track results
- Develop and deliver professional reports, projections, and memos for clients
- Regularly A/B test topics and tactics across clients, while remaining on top of digital trends and tools, ensuring we are proactive in innovating for our clients
- Effectively manage client communication and expectations across multiple programs
- Work collaboratively with strategists, other managers, and members of the paid media and content teams to develop holistic strategies to maximize results across clients
- Proofread and help fact check content before it goes to the client or to supporters
- Brainstorm creative email ideas for clients and contribute to a collaborative team culture
- Regularly work independently while also helping provide support across the team, sharing best practices and helping with coverage as needed
- Respond to news in real-time as needed, by drafting and producing rapid messages in response to fast-breaking news
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested
- Experience and demonstrated success in a senior strategist-level role or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of digital strategy and email fundraising
- Deep knowledge of email best practices including theories of change, creative writing, A/B testing, error-free copywriting, and email formatting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience “thinking outside the box” and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to handle multiple challenging tasks at once and meet tight deadlines as needed
- Proficiency in using G-Suite tools including shared Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- Proficiency in HTML coding
- Thorough understanding of and experience using progressive tools, including ActBlue, NGP, EveryAction, Action Network, ActionKit, and more
- Experiencing reading and analyzing data - and using that to inform decision-making
- Willingness to contribute to a collaborative team culture
- Committed to getting things right - pays close attention to detail and doesn’t stop trying
- Experience managing an email program and explaining strategy to stakeholders is required
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Experience managing or mentoring interns or more junior staff
Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.